Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Crate Training

Crate training has been a slow process.  Erica had to work today and she wasn't able to be with Ralphie throughout the day, so crate training was more intense for him today.  He was in the crate from 10:30am to 1:00pm.   Then during my lunch break I stopped by for an hour to let him out, walk him and let him play with Diva and Leroy. He was crying when I got there. (sigh) Then back in the crate from 2:00pm - 5:00pm.  When I arrived after work I heard him crying. (sigh)  Then I walked the 3 dogs, which was a real challenge coordinating the leashes so they didn't get all tangled and twisted.  I'm hoping Ralphie wasn't crying the whole time in the crate, but I hardly doubt it.  His energy level is high this evening as if he had some sleep during the day.   He's been very frisky this evening, digging the indoor plant, making a mess, tracking the dirt throughout the house.  He's been wrestling with his ducky. Bothering grumpy 'ol Ollie.  Playing fetch with the ball. Then as the day ends, Ralphie so exhausted, ends up stretched out on the top of the sofa, his head on my shoulder, snuggled, breathing heavy in a deep sleep...so innocent.  Yes, puppies will be puppies.




No comments:

Post a Comment