Saturday, October 13, 2012

Bad Day In Progress

I knew every day wouldn't be a perfect day with a puppy.  Today is one of those days.  When I was making the decision to get a Vizsla puppy all I had on my mind is Ollie's well-being.  Ollie is old and I was concerned if a puppy would be too much for him.  Up until today it seemed like Ollie and Ralphie's friendship was growing and Ralphie inspired Ollie to do things that he hasn't done in a long time, like chewing a bone and tugging on a rope toy.  But it's different today.

Ollie woke up a little cranky this morning.  I believe his arthritis in his front right leg is bothering him today.  He had no desire to be around Ralphie...zero tolerance.  As I was washing the outside windows in the back of the house this morning, Ollie and Ralphie were romping around.  Ralphie was getting way too playful for Ollie.  Ollie was snarling and snarling, but refused to go in the house.  He wanted to stay outside.  I'm up on the ladder and I was facing the window, listening to Ralphie antagonizing grumpy 'ol Ollie.  I heard a BIG splash...poor Ollie fell into the pool!!  Ralphie must of backed him into the pool when playing.  I freaked out and jumped off the ladder to help him out of the pool...I was upset...Ollie was SO upset!  With Ollie in hand, I hurried in the house to get a towel and wrap him up.  In the meantime, Ralphie is still frisky as ever, thinking this is all fun and games. After this ordeal, Ollie spent the rest of the morning in his secluded bed in my closet.  All day, Ollie does NOT want anything to do with Ralphie.  Happy-go-lucky Ralphie has no idea why he can't snuggle with Ollie today.  I'm wondering...Is Ralphie going to be too much for Ollie??

Hoping tomorrow will be a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment