Thursday, October 25, 2012

Crate Training Milestone

Today was a big day with Ralphie's crate training.  Of course I would prefer to have Ralphie free and roaming the house; eventually that will happen once he becomes a big boy.   But for now it's not feasible...well unless I want my house trashed.  I know the crate is a safe and comfortable home/bed for a puppy.  Ralphie isn't in the crate often, but there are times he needs to be crated because I'm leaving the house.  I'm proud to say he's been doing pretty well.  Today Ralphie claimed his territory on his own.  After cleaning and putting down the crate's bedding, Ralphie simply walked in the crate on his own and was just standing in it as if to say, "this is my place".  He didn't do it just once, not twice, but three times today!!  It makes me happy he's starting to like his little home...his cave...his domain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment