Friday, October 12, 2012

Friends

Today is a week since Ralphie became a member of our home (mine & Ollie's).  I worried most about Ollie with a new member of our family, knowing how high-energy a Vizsla puppy is.  I worried if Ollie would accept and get along with Ralphie.  My dream was to see them as best friends, snuggling together.   But I knew in all reality that wouldn't happen overnight.  I've Googled many articles on older dog-puppy relationships.  Ollie definitely makes it known he is King of the House.  He snarls at Ralphie when he's too playful.  He snarls when he wants to be left alone.  Ollie never nipped Ralphie or never really mean. But he does a great job showing who is boss.  The first few days were upsetting to see Ollie snarling, panting, anxious, and not rested.  However each day this week I've seen progress.  Today, day 7, was the best!  As Ollie was relaxing he let Ralphie nuzzle up to his ear and Ralphie was just kissing and kissing him and Ollie was loving it!  Then this afternoon Ralphie was sleeping on the couch and Ollie laid next to him.  Ralphie scooted closer the nuzzled his head on Ollie and they slept together, although for a short time.   I LOVED seeing my two boys like this!!  This definitely made my day!


No comments:

Post a Comment