Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Frog

This evening was a rough one.  Before I vent, I want make it clear, I love my Ralphie.  I love having a puppy...well most of the time. Haha

I'm tired this evening. Very tired. I had a busy day at work.  I just wanted to relax when I got home.  I wanted to stretch out on the sofa and just veg in front of the TV.  Well Ralphie had different plans this evening.

Ralphie had to stay home today because Erica worked.  So he was a burst of energy tonight.  I got home from work at 5:30pm and it's 10:00pm now and he is still on the go!

The craziness all started when I took Ollie and Ralphie for a walk around the block after work.  A neighbor comes running out of her house darting at the dogs to pet them.  Ollie did his normal thing...barking and barking, then Ralphie gets all excited and started going after Ollie because he thinks Ollie wants to play because of all of his barking.  The leashes get all tangled up, Ollie is snarling at Ralphie.  I drop the poo bag, Ralphie picks it up, I grabbed it out of his mouth.  It took me and my neighbor to untangle them and in the meantime I'm sweating from all this commotion.  Exhausting.

Finally we get home, Ralphie continues to go after Ollie wanting to play.  Ollie snarling and barking..."leave me alone you crazy puppy!"

Then I'm thinking, gosh I need to exercise this puppy, so I took Ralphie for a run outside, about a mile.  We come home, he still has more energy to burn.  I played ball with him, I played with the rope with him,  I played with the squeaky toy with him,  I wrestled with him,  then for another walk.  Ralphie picks up every stick, palm, paper as we're walking, so I have to stop, put my finger in his mouth, scoop out the debris and continue our walk.  We get home to the front door, again, something in his mouth, stick my finger in it, scoop it out, it was a FROG!!

Finally he snoozes for 20 minutes, only 20 minutes...now he's up and at 'em again.
Round 2.  I am sooo tired!

Ralphie still up to no good on top of my laptop...making it difficult for me to write my blog this evening.  Ralphie, Ralphie, Ralphie!

No comments:

Post a Comment