Saturday, November 17, 2012

Puppy Magic

I truly believe puppies are magical, especially Vizsla puppies.  I've lived in my neighborhood for many years.  My neighbors have always been cordial, we wave to each other as we drive down the street or a wave on a walk.  Rarely do we have conversation maybe because we all feel it's a way to 'mind our own business'.

Well then a cute little puppy became a new member of our neighborhood. namely Ralphie, who changed everything.  Now when I take a walk with Ralphie on my side my neighbors stop their car as their heading to work with a "how adorable" or "boy he's getting big" or "how is potty training going" or "how's he getting along with your other dog", etc etc.  The other day I was walking Ralphie and a neighbor ran out of her house and said, "you're the one with the Vizsla puppy that I heard about" then at the same time just lovin' little Ralphie with a lot of ohhhs and ahhhs.  Then she tells me the story of the Vizsla she once had.  Ralphie stops curious people in their tracks with questions like, "what kind of puppy is that" or "what a beauty" or "wow, what an active puppy" or "is that a hunting dog" or "how cute, look at him", etc etc.  I've realized I'm meeting more people and talking to more people than ever now with Ralphie by my side.  He sure is an attention getter, but most of all he is a real lovey-dovey.

 Ralphie's kisser in action.  LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment