Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Training Time


I really need to start training Ralphie more.  My biggest problem now that he's getting bigger is walking without pulling...loose leash walking.  I saw this video along with several others.  They make it look so simple!  I'm going to get my fanny pack of treats and start working on this for sure.
But I am proud to say Ralphie sits on command and today I was teaching him how to shake hands.  He picked that up quickly.  He also knows "go to your bed", meaning go in your crate.  He goes into his crate freely and on command.  
So right now my goal is to teach him how to walk with a loose leash...no pulling, no tugging, no darting at squirrels, no biting and pulling the leash.  I believe Ralphie will have this mastered in a couple of weeks...Smart Ralphie.

No comments:

Post a Comment