Friday, December 28, 2012

Run Ralphie Run

It's been months and I'm still suffering with plantar fasciitis which is putting a huge damper on my running.  I was so looking forward to running with Ralphie but right now I'm not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  I thought after three months of no running, my heel pain would be gone.  But it's the same. :(

I realize as a puppy Ralphie can't run any long distances yet, as his bones are maturing.  So between my problem with my heel and Ralphie's growing body, we have been doing short 2 mile interval run/walks.  My gosh, Ralphie is fast!  Even at the dog park, I noticed Ralphie is doing less wrestling and more running.  I  look forward to the day I'm up to par and Ralphie is a big boy to possibly run a race together.  But in the meantime, I will continue to soak my foot in ice water, do foot stretches, try to find comfortable shoes and enjoy our short puppy runs.  Run Ralphie Run.

2 comments:

  1. Don't be down on yourself. You'll be back at it before you know it. He shouldn't be running consistently for what, a year? My mom waited a year to take her Aussie running with her. But I think they might be more prone to hip displaysia than Vizslas? Not sure. From what I heard you really worked hard and got ahead on the miles. I have run a few races where owners were able to bring their dogs. Ralphie would leave all the other dogs in his dust I'm sure!! You'll be back in the game in no time and stronger than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, Ralphie shouldn't run any long distances until he's fully grown. I'll do a slow jog with him, but he's really just walking a bit faster and of course, there are a lot of sniffing breaks in between. LOL He does run fast at the dog park though, but that's on his own.
    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete