Monday, December 3, 2012

O Christmas Tree

The Christmas tree is up looking so beautiful.  Ralphie has been very interested in this tree.  He's thinking, "What is a tree doing in my house and there are so many toys hanging on it!"  "Is this all for ME!?" 

This all brings back memories of my last Vizsla, Jazz around Christmastime.  It never failed, Jazz managed to knock the tree down each year.  But I'm smarter now...Ralphie doesn't have a chance at this tree...well at least I thought so.  He already decapitated a cute angel ornament, he pulled Santa out of another ornament, he gnawed on another ornament, and lovin' the garland.  No Ralphie these are NOT toys!

  If you notice, I tried to strategically leave the bottom of the tree bare so Ralphie isn't tempted to play with the "toys" hanging on the tree.  But no stoppin' Ralphie, he's discovered Christmastime!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful tree! Persistence pays off... If there's a will, there's a way! Sounds like Ralphie is determined to see what each ornament does and how it tastes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really need to keep an eye on him...he thinks this tree is his! Ralphie is a handful but I do enjoy his friskiness and silliness. Something new every day!

      Delete
  2. Naturally, everything that comes in the house will belong to Ralphie, at least in Ralphie's eyes! My dog swears that everytime I come home from the store I have something for her. Usually I do, but she's spoiled rotten. He sounds super silly. Maybe a baby gate at the bottom of the tree would help. It would take away from the pretty tree but might be a barrier for him to get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes...we do spoil our pets...they deserve to be spoiled. They bring so much happiness to our lives. Actually Ralphie is getting better with the tree...he's a pretty smart puppy! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They deserve to be spoiled for sure. Happy holidays to you as well.

      Delete