Sunday, December 16, 2012

Mange Update #2

Ralphie is on week 3 of his medication for the mange.  Each week the medication is increased, now it's up to .5ml.  He seems to be handling the meds pretty well.  I don't see any difference in his behavior or appetite.  I just wish his hair would grow in faster.  He's very splotchy and very thin hair along the sides of his back.  Here are a few pictures I took today...

 The hair that Ralphie lost around his eyes seems to be growing in.

 You can see his neck and chest are bald, well actually it was worse. His hair is growing back very slowly.

 This picture shows his thin hair and some bald spots on his top neck. (sigh)

His legs are very splotchy, doesn't seem to be growing in yet.  :-(

 But Ralphie is a beauty no matter what!!! So sweet.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! He looks great! He's getting so big and handsome as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! He is a handsome little guy, isn't he? Haha I'm actually starting to see results from the medication he's on. His hair is growing back slowly. One more week of medication and I'll have him rechecked. Crossing my fingers that the mange is gone and no more meds.

    ReplyDelete