Monday, March 10, 2014

Vizsla + Yorkie = LOVE

My little Yorkie, Ollie is getting up there in years...14 years old.  I see changes in Ollie each day...yes, another stage of life ... old age.

It just amazes me to see how Ralphie is handling Ollie's older age specifically when the three of us take a walk.  On a good day Ollie can manage to get around the block, but that doesn't happen often.  Usually our walks are up and down the small street that we live on.   Ollie's eyesight isn't the best now and he stumbles occasionally.  He uses his nose to sniff his way around.  You can imagine how slow our walks are.  Ralphie so patiently waits for Ollie.  He moves when Ollie moves...step-by-step...slow.  I would think this would be shear torture for a Vizsla.  Slowness is not a word that describes a Vizsla.  I feel Ralphie knows Ollie is a little old man that earned his place in this world and deserves respect.   If Ollie is slow, so be it.  Why and how can this high energy Vizsla handle this?  I believe it's one word....

Ralphie and Ollie love each other in their own special way ... they leave each other alone, but sleep in the same room, they share each other's bones and food, Ralphie accepts Ollie's crankiness, Ollie accepts Ralphie's craziness ... that one word ... LOVE.

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing indeed what Dogs know and feel. If only humans could Love the same way they do...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know Chris, I was thinking the same thing as I was writing that blog!

    ReplyDelete