Friday, September 27, 2013

Puppy-Sitting

I took a few days off from work to puppy-sit for Erica while she's out of town for a bike race.  It's really an experience... I'm not used to watching a dominant 8 year old Pug (Diva), a 13 year 'ol man (Ollie), a feisty teenager (Ralphie) and a crazy, needy puppy (Bubba) all at once!  I feel like I have a kennel in my home with the four dogs.  LOL  I'm sure it's beginning to smell like it too.  LOL

Bubba is 13 weeks old and boy it brings back memories from a short time ago when Ralphie was that age.  It's interesting seeing the differences in the breeds (Vizsla vs Pug) at that age...

* Ralphie the VIZSLA seemed easier to 'potty-train'.  I'm not sure if a bigger breed has less accidents or the Vizsla breed is that much smarter.  All I can say I'm wiping up pee and picking up poo in the house from Bubba A LOT.  I can count on one hand the accidents that Ralphie had in the house.

* Bubba the PUG seems to accept the crate better at this age.  When I put him in the crate for the night, he cries for maybe three minutes and he's quiet the whole night!  Oh no...not with Ralphie...he could not stand being alone in the crate at night knowing I'm in the other room.  Ralphie was sleeping in my bed from day one.  I feel the Vizsla breed just needs as much human contact as possible.  Vizslas are clingers and that's what I love so much.

* Both breeds play hard, loves to run, frisky, fun, lovable, way too cute, and keeps you on your toes.

Did I say I just LOVE puppies!!

Feeding time!

No comments:

Post a Comment