Friday, September 13, 2013

One Year Old Bad Behavior

Ralphie has been quite an angel up until recently.  It seems when he turned the magic age of one...POOF...his behavior has changed.  He's becoming more naughty each day.  He's non-stop!  Maybe he's feeling more confident  but probably simply bores easily like a typical teenager.  From what I understand a one year old dog equals a 15 year old human.  Then I remember back how my kids were at 15.  Yikes!!!  I'm going through that stressful time in my life again.  Erica was a handful at 15 years old and Rusty wasn't quite a handful, but very active especially with skateboarding.

Ralphie is becoming more daring, taking risks...e.g. swimming in the pool on his own.  He's becoming destructive...e.g. tearing things apart, like magazines, plants inside and out.  To put it mildly, he's becoming a handful.

 I did some research on this subject and a few things I've learned...
- This is the time I need to supply him abundantly with bones and different toys.
- Exercise him more than ever and then more.
- To deter him from my plants, make a homemade pepper spray for the plants and hopefully he will lose interest in destroying them.
- Keep socializing him.

I know this is going to be a challenging road ahead for the next year or so for me with Ralphie.  Just like the challenging road back when Erica and Rusty were at this adolescence age.   I'll do it...I know I can...I know I can...I know I can....I'll get through it...I know I can...

*Sigh* This is what I came home to after work today.


No comments:

Post a Comment