Wednesday, September 18, 2013

One-Year Vet Visit

Ralphie had his one-year vet checkup and shots today.  He weighs exactly 55.9 pounds.  The doc said he's very healthy, looks good, but there was one slight concern ... losing hair along his back.  I thought it's probably the mange coming back just like he had when he was a young puppy.  The doc didn't feel it was mange, but I wanted the test done anyways.  So they scraped his skin in two places and plucked a few hairs to examine under the microscope.  No mange.  The doc was puzzled ... could be almost anything ... mosquito reaction, allergies to something, environmental conditions.  So the doc gave me three options... do nothing and see if it clears up on its own, go back on the mange med-just in case it's mange developing (sometimes it's hard to find), or put him on antibiotics for a few weeks.  I decided on the antibiotics, just in case something is in Ralphie's system.  So we'll see what happens.  Otherwise, Ralphie is all up-to-date with his shots for the next three years.

Lastly, here I go again (brag-brag) ...  Ralphie was such a good boy at the vet office...very well-behaved.  He didn't yelp, pull away, and just went along with the program.  He trusted everyone, showed his love to everyone.  He is now sleeping, knocked out on the back of the sofa with his paw on my shoulder and the other sticking straight up in the air ... I was so proud of him...love my big boy lots!!   XXOO

No comments:

Post a Comment