Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Vizsla Bark

I remember when I had my last Vizsla, Jazz, her bark had the most ear-piercing pitch.  We would just cringe when she started barking and  hold our ears to block the noise.  But we figured she was just blessed with a high voice after all she was a girl and girls usually have a higher tone voice than a boy.

Now I remember a conversation I had with Rusty in the car when we picked up Ralphie as a puppy.  We were reminiscing different memories of Jazz and the topic came up ... her bark!  Rusty absolutely could not handle Jazz's bark...the shrieking tone would just go through his veins.  Rusty, looking down at puppy Ralphie in his arms said, "I hope Ralphie has a deeper bark."  I assured Rusty with no doubt, "Of course he will because Ralphie is a boy!  Look at Ollie, he's a boy and he has a deep voice."  Well, Ollie is a Yorkie. 

Every evening before Ralphie falls asleep after a few hours of playtime, he goes into a barking binge, annoying poor little Ollie. I think he does this because he's so tired and he's just winding down.  When Ralphie starts barking, I know within five minutes he will be out cold.  However, I believe I was wrong...boy-girl, it doesn't matter...this is a Vizsla Bark...




 

No comments:

Post a Comment