Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Leave It

Eating sticks.  Eating leaves.  Eating berries.  This is what Ralphie has been doing recently.  When I take him on walks he picks up sticks and other debris.  I try to stop, stick my finger in his mouth and fish it out.  But many times it's too late and eats it.  Then in turn it's making him very constipated.  The other day he threw up sticks and palm tree berries.  I googled this problem, seems common; I've read it's a puppy behavior which he'll outgrow.  But I feel I need to start training instead of waiting for him to outgrow this puppy stage...for Ralphie's health and well-being.

I found a youtube video that teaches "Leave It".  Seems doable and the training will begin tomorrow after work.  I also ordered a dog training DVD...I really need to start some serious training.  This way there will be a happy puppy pleasing his mama and a happy mama to see a well-behaved puppy!!


This is the technique that I'll try...they make it look so easy...we'll see.


This is the dog DVD I ordered...it was rated almost 5 stars on Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment