Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

I looked back at my 2012 New Year resolutions yesterday, and OMG...I didn't do not even one of the 10 resolutions!!  I came close with a few of them, like running a half-marathon.  I trained very hard in 2012 reaching double digits for the first time ever, with 12 miles being my max.  Sadly a heel injury kicked in and never did run that half marathon this past November.  :(

Do I look at myself as a failure when my 2012 New Year resolutions just fizzled throughout the year?  Not at all.  Although I wasn't quite successful keeping my 2012 resolutions, I learned or should I say, I re-learned a few things in 2012.

I re-learned:

1. You never know what happens behind closed doors.  We all know this, but we forget.  I had a few eye-openers this year that taught me, 'you never know'... don't assume.

2.  Desperate people do desperate things. 

3 . Life is extremely fragile. Live, Love, Laugh...you never know when it's your last breath of air.

Although not keeping any of my 2012 New Year resolutions, there are a few things I did that impacted my life making me feel more fulfilled, happy, and content:

1.  I prayed more.  Prayers got me through a few hurdles this year; which I'm so grateful.

2.  I observed the 'little' things more and very thankful for those 'little' things.

3.  I added a new member to our family...Ralphie.  Ralphie has brought such joy to my life.  He makes me smile...he makes me laugh...he keeps me active and busy!!  Ralphie changed Ollie's life too.  Before Ralphie, my little 'ol Ollie was very inactive, a loner, crickety.  My goodness, the way he was acting, I had that poor little guy dead and buried. LOL Then Ralphie came and revived my Ollie.  Ollie is a different dog now...no more hiding in my closest all day, just sleeping...now he's social, more livelier, loves to play, and is so loved by his baby brother Ralphie.

2012 was a great year and I know 2013 will be even better.  
Happy New Year from me, Ollie, and Ralphie!!  





No comments:

Post a Comment