Sunday, April 26, 2015

Dog Park Fun - Ball and Coonhound

Here are a couple of videos of Ralphie at our local dog park.  It's interesting how his behavior has changed from a puppy to a 2 1/2 year old pup.   As an adult dog many times he's content playing with me and only me!  I throw the ball far with the ball launcher and he runs and runs and returns.  Back and forth he goes, then he gets bored.  I pull out the frisbee, throw the frisbee, he catches it, back and forth he goes.  In the meantime the other dogs are romping around with each other...but Ralphie is just as happy playing with his mama.  Here's a slo-mo video of Ralphie fetching the ball at the dog park (gosh, I'm having fun with my new iPhone slo-mo video feature).


 ...and there are times he's in the mood to play with the other dogs.  This Redbone Coonhound loved Ralphie.  He kept howling at Ralphie as if he were saying, "come play with me".  They played hard, running and running.  The coonhound was a bit obsessed with Ralphie and dominating him, but Ralphie knew how to handle himself when enough was enough he told the coonhound.  LOL  They had a lot of fun together.  This is the first time I've actually seen a Redbone Coonhound...beautiful boy and I loved his baying.


No comments:

Post a Comment