Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Big Boy Ralphie

Ralphie is creeping up on 2 years old soon and it's amazing how he has grown up...not just in size but mentally.  He's quite a big boy now.

I've noticed his behavior has changed.  Of course we all know puppies are frisky, quite naughty at times, and simply a handful.   Ralphie has become very loyal to me.  He listens to my commands.  He's tamer.  He really tries to please me.  He's by my side all the time.  When we're relaxing, he has to be touching me, whether it's his whole body on top of me or his head on my shoulder or simply a paw on my arm.  I can actually leave him uncrated now, which I am so happy about.  I know crate training is the best training, but I just hated crating him when I wasn't home.  Now he's free ... he has the whole house.  He's able to sleep on my bed, sit on the sofa, go anywhere in the house, but guess what ... he stays in his crate with the door wide open!!  It's his cave, his little home, his domain.   I am quite proud of my boy.

Loyalty ... yes, Ralphie is my best friend.  I feel he's the most loyal pet I've ever had.  He's so attached  to me as I am to him.  Looking back at my first entries in this blog, I was contemplating if I should get a Vizsla...was the timing right? do I have the time? can I still handle a high-energy dog at this stage of my life? So many questions popped in my head plus I was discouraged by many people not to get a puppy.  Oh My Gosh, how happy I am to do what my gut told me to do.  And here is Ralphie...who I could never live without.  He has my heart. 100% plus more.




No comments:

Post a Comment