Monday, April 7, 2014

My Bodyguard

My house painting project is still underway ... getting done slowly but surely.  I took a day off from work to get more painting done ... solo, today.  Erica and Rusty both are working today.  So it was just me ... well, I thought it was going to be just me.

To begin with, can I say Ralphie is an amazing dog?  I started painting at 8am and wrapped up for the day around 4pm.  For eight hours I'm up and down the ladder.  Moving the ladder from place to place as the project progresses.  Ralphie was next to me, by my ladder, moving with the ladder this whole time!  He would look up at me as I climb higher to reach those hard to reach places.  I look down at him and see him panting from the heat ... panting and still with me.  I'm feeling bad for him and tell him to go into the house.  Nope, he wouldn't go.  So I take a break in hopes that Ralphie will fall asleep inside the cool house.  He dozes off and I sneak outside again.  Sure enough Ralphie gets up and outside he goes, by my side.  He would not leave me!  I truly feel Ralphie thought this was his job today...to watch over me and keep me company as I work on this big project for hours and hours.

Not only do I feel so loved by this thoughtful pup but I know Ralphie is one AMAZING best friend!

All tired out after a long day doing his job.

No comments:

Post a Comment