Sunday, July 28, 2013

Top 10 Things I LOVE About My Vizsla

10.  I LOVE how Ralphie follows me everywhere ... he'll follow me in the kitchen when I'm cooking, he follows me to the laundry room, he follows me everywhere...he even follows me to the bathroom! Geesh, no privacy!  LOL

9.  I LOVE that Ralphie put life in little old Ollie.  Ollie is a perky old man now...he chews bones, plays, and not anti-social anymore!

8.  I LOVE Ralphie keeps the bed warm next to me each night.

7.  I LOVE how Ralphie is always in "hunt" mode and seeing his natural instincts come out.

6.  I LOVE how Ralphie loves other dogs and seeing how happy he is with his doggy friends at the dog park.

5.  I LOVE Ralphie's sweet, cute face...sometimes with a look a innocence and sometimes a look of mischievousness.

4.  I LOVE hugging Ralphie and he loves me hugging him.  He just molds right into my hug, managing to get in a kiss or two...well maybe even more than two!

3.  I LOVE Ralphie's energy; keeping me healthy by pushing and motivating me to walk/run 2 to 5 miles everyday.

2.  I LOVE when Ralphie is sleeping...the way he dreams...giving me some rest and 'me' time!

1.  I LOVE that Ralphie is my best friend, more than a pet, he's there when I'm happy or when I'm sad. I love that he's my world and I'm his world.  LOVE.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for your post, it is just what I needed! Ziggy is being a little naughty lately and it makes me forget his good side...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I notice Ralphie's naughty times is when he's not well exercised that day. He goes to the dog park about 5 out of 7 days a week and plays and run for a good hour or two. The days he doesn't go to the park, he runs with me...about 2 or 3 miles right now plus tons of bones to chew. It's true...a tired dog is a good dog! Hope you're having a lot of fun with Ziggy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, a tired dog is a good dog ! Ziggy gets a lot of exercise but I think the testosterone started flowing : he is lifting (or is attempting to lift !) his leg to mark during our hikes and seems to have forgotten a lot of the commands... I guess I have to just keep calm and carry on training ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ralphie is about a year old now and based on what I've read he's in his teenage years ... and boy do I see it. He does test me at times...for example, he was home all day today while I was at work. I let him have the run of the house and he shredded some leaves off my plant in itsy-bitsy pieces. He just started lifting his leg to mark during our walks. But he's nothing like my little old yorkie, Ollie...he lifts and marks everything!
    Sounds like you're really enjoying Ziggy ... they are a lot of work at times, but well worth it!

    ReplyDelete