Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Best Bones Ever!

Normally I'm not drawn to the meat section of the grocery store since I eat minimal meat...chicken and turkey occasionally.  But this past weekend something popped out at me that looked very familiar.  It was the beef section with packages of raw marrow bones cut perfect for a dog.  I remember my mom buying these marrow bones for our dogs when I was a kid.  She would boil these bones for a long time on top of the stove...I still can remember that smell.  Yum...Not!  LOL  I thought I would give it a shot and bought a package ... 4 bones for $2.40.  I put them in a pot of water and boiled and boiled them until I got THAT smell.  I let them cool off, gave a nice size one to Ralphie and a small one for Ollie.  OMG...they LOVED it and they are durable, long-lasting, and obviously delicious.  Ralphie chewed on that bone (plus Ollie's bone after he gave up on it) for hours, all evening until bedtime.  He actually got up in the middle of the night and started chewing and gnawing again on that bone.  As I'm writing this, he's chewing one of these bones!  Yep, my mom knew exactly what she was doing boiling those smelly bones.  PLUS you can never get a 4 bones with no additives, no dyes, all natural for only $2.40!!
Ralphie is so happy, keeps him busy and Ollie as old as he is, loves them too...good for the 'ol guy's teeth!

**Just an added note, the bone does not smell after they are cooked and cooled off.**

No comments:

Post a Comment