Sunday, June 9, 2013

First Pheasant Hunt

Yesterday Erica, Ralphie, and I attended the Tampa Bay Vizsla Club fun day weekend at Lake Wales, FL.  And yes it was FUN!!  There were about 40 or so Vizslas there from all different areas...all ages, a lot of pups!  It was fun meeting all the Vizsla moms and dads.  I was worried if I would recognize Ralphie in a crowd of red dogs...LOL  But actually each red dog had their own look, each different...overall size, coloring, ear size, nose size, etc.  All these red dogs were beauties!  But Ralphie was THEE beauty of all! He is such a handsome guy (haha, of course I'm just a little partial).

The day was filled with a variety of events.  The one I enjoyed the most was  Ralphie out in the field with a real live pheasant for the first time.  It's amazing the natural instincts of a Vizsla sniffing and pointing at the pheasant.  He LOVED the experience.  I also enjoyed the master hunters demonstration.  We were able to follow the dogs out in the field and watch every move. The dogs had years of training and were in many competitions. I was in awe watching the Vizsla pointing and the hunter would kick up the pheasant out of the bushes and the hunting Vizsla just stood there in the pointing stance, did not move at all until the hunter gave the command.  These Vizslas were amazing! 

This video is Ralphie chasing a 'birdie' out in the field. Gosh, he had fun with this little game!

Me and my handsome boy!
Ralphie loves giving kisses!
Ralphie pointing at the pheasant.
Cooling off after a hot day in the field.
All of us heading out in the field for the master hunt demonstration.
The hunters demonstrating the hunt; Vizsla in pointing stance.
My beautiful daughter, my best friend, Ralphe's 2nd Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment