Friday, April 5, 2013

Vizsla, The Nurturer

The past few days I've been dealing with a terrible cold.  It started the first day with stomach upset, then the next day I woke up with a terrible sore throat and achy, the third day I was a sneezy mess, and today I'm congested with a cough and no taste buds!  During this time we haven't had the best weather in FL...rainy with very little sunshine.  Knowing the Vizsla breed, poor Ralphie's energy is probably building up inside him.  He's getting few walks because I'm feeling terrible and unable to go to the dog park (with Erica) because it's rainy.

But I am so impressed with Ralphie during this time!  Although his schedule has been obscured this past week, Ralphie has been at my side at all times.  There is something about animal instinct...they just know when you need that extra loving.  He's been an extremely calm puppy, keeping busy chewing his bones.  He let me sleep in today, sleeping next to my side.  As I lay on the couch, he sits above me with his paw or head on my shoulder.  Every once in awhile he'll lift his head and gives me a little doggy kiss.  I truly believe he knows I'm not feeling well and he wants to be there to comfort me.  Love.

Sometime today I will manage to get out of this house once the rain lets up and take Ralphie to the dog park.  He definitely deserves to have fun!

Ralphie is the BEST!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment