Monday, April 1, 2013

Ear Problem

Ralphie seems to be shaking his head periodically.  Obviously his ears are bothering him.  When I had him neutered a couple of months ago the vet noticed the beginning of an ear infection.  So he flushed his ear and gave me some medication.  At that time I didn't notice any problem with Ralphie's ear, never scratching or shaking his head.  Nevertheless, I still used the medication just to make sure Ralphie wouldn't develop a full-blown ear infection.  Well now it appears he's having some problem.  I'm going to first try home remedies before contacting the vet again.  Today I cleaned his ears with a cotton ball saturated in hydrogen peroxide. Holding the cotton ball and rubbing his ear I noticed some it was a little dirty.  I did both ears.  Boy, Ralphie just loved his ears being rubbed.  I'm sure it felt very soothing for him.  Ralphie hasn't shook his head since the cleaning!  I've also done some googling on dog ear problems and I read good things about Zymox Otic dog ear solution. Tomorrow I'll pick some up at Petsmart and try that along with the ear cleaning.
But other than this small problem, Ralphie is very healthy, happy, and content.  He's just so sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment