Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Big Scare

Every time I'm in the backyard whether relaxing by the pool or doing chores, Ralphie is out there with me.  Of course he loves the outdoors, he's a sporting, hunting breed!  This time I really needed to focus and clean my neglected pool.  Geesh and that's a lot of work!  As I was vacuuming and skimming the pool, Ralphie is just romping around in the dirt and bushes having a good 'ol time.  Although my back yard is fenced in, I'm always paranoid that Ralphie is going to escape.  He's a digger plus he is dying to get on the other side of the fence where the cute pitbull lives.  So as I'm doing my thing with the pool I'm always looking up, yelling 'Ralphie, where are you', just to make sure he's within his boundaries.  I got busy cleaning the pool filter on the side of the house, taking it apart, hosing it down, putting it back together...what a job!  I finished! Again I yelled out, 'Ralphie, where are you'.  I didn't see him anywhere!  I began freaking out.  Screaming like a mad woman, 'Ralphie! Rallllppphhiiiieeee, Rallpphhiieee!!!!.  No Ralphie in sight.  Now my yard isn't big and there aren't many places he can hide.  I looked under all the trees and bushes.  I got a chair to stand on and looked over the fence to see if he made it through to pitbull.  Nope he wasn't there.  OMG, I began calling his name more and more.  My heart is thumping and thumping.  In the meantime, my little Ollie is yapping and yapping knowing how upset I was.   I'm sure if my neighbors heard me they thought I was crazy.  Then I heard another neighbor's dog a couple doors down barking.  I began to think Ralphie is over there somehow.  I know Vizslas move and travel fast.  So I ran into the house to get my keys to drive the neighborhood and hopefully find him.  Before leaving I happen to glance around house and this is what I found..........

                                                                         
                                                                                  
                                                                                   

Ralphie was in his crate the whole time while I was frantically calling him and so scared I lost my puppy!!!  
That little stinker!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment