Sunday, August 30, 2015

Lucy's New Life

Today is Sunday and I'm sitting with my coffee this quiet morning.  The sun is shining, just a perfect morning.  I just finished walking the pups.  Now Ralphie is sleeping on one side of me and Lucy is sleeping on the other side of me with her small puppy head resting on my leg.  Life has been great with my two fur babies.

It's amazing how far Lucy has come in the past two weeks here.  She definitely knows she is a part of our family now.  She loves Ralphie so much and you can see she looks up to him for guidance many times.  For example, the first time I walked Lucy she was like a wild spastic animal at the end of the leash.  She was jumping, pulling, not enjoying what's supposed to be a fun thing to do.  She never had a walk before.  Two weeks later with Ralphie's lead, Lucy walks much better and she so loves her walks.  She still pulls a little, but the Lupine harness is a big help.  In time she will be walking nicely like Ralphie.   But at least she's not jumping around like a wild cat at the end of the leash.  She now has a schedule which I think is very important in a dog's life.  She now knows she gets a walks a few times a day..she knows when it's breakfast and dinner time...she knows she will be going to the dog park every day...she knows she has her own comfy bed but knows she sleeps in my comfy bed at night...she knows she has a cool refreshing pool to swim and play in...but most of all she knows she has a loving home where she is cared for and has the best big brother ever...her mentor.

Gosh...I just love my Ralphie and Lucy...how was I so blessed to have these two that truly love me unconditionally!

No comments:

Post a Comment