Sunday, August 16, 2015

A Sister??

Recently I've been thinking of getting a sister for Ralphie.   I'm not sure if it's my imagination or not, but Ralphie seems lonely since Ollie passed.  He never played with Ollie, but just having the company of another pup in the house seemed to make him happy and amused at the same time.  So I've been on a search for the perfect breed for me and Ralphie.  Recently, I've been on Petfinders and other adoption sites almost every day.  I've been watching the different breeds, big and small at the dog park.  What breed would be best for us?  Sometimes I think another small dog like Ollie, a Yorkie or maybe Pomeranian or maybe Chihuahua.  Then I think about medium size dogs like a Brussels Griffon or maybe Wheaton Terrior or maybe a Bull Terrior.  I never looked at giant breeds like a Great Dane though.  I know a giant breed would not be a good fit for Ralphie.  So after looking and looking, I always find something "wrong" with that breed.  I've come to realize no breed can match the Vizsla!

So yesterday I was on the phone with my son discussing my second dog dilemma.  We talked about all the different breeds that I considered.  As I'm talking, he says, "OMG Mom, there is a 6 month female Vizsla on Craigslist that needs to be re-homed."  Rarely do you see a Vizsla on Craigslist!  It's only 6 months old...it's female...Ralphie would love a sister...she needs a good home.  How perfect!  I sent a text to the owner immediately and we were texting all day yesterday with questions and answers and cost.  By mid-afternoon we both agreed I can pick her up today. But.....I sent my last text to her around 8pm yesterday evening to confirm the time with a couple of additional questions.  No response.  No text this morning yet either.

Maybe she's had second thoughts or waiting for a better offer.  The owner has three children, maybe she's thinking twice about selling her children's puppy.  I'm sure it would be sad for the kids to see their puppy go.  I think about it and it makes me feel guilty that I'm taking away their puppy.  But the owner tells me she feels they're not giving the time to the pup as they should.  She's busy with the 3 kids, let alone a pup.  She says they're busy and not home a lot.  The Vizsla breed is not for everyone.  

With all that said, I think this little girl will get so much attention with me and Ralphie and will be a much happier pup.  Today is a big day... we will see if this little girl is meant to be.  Will Ralphie get a little sister today?  If it's meant to be, it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment