Saturday, January 24, 2015

Declaration of Love

Am I so weird to love my pups more than loving people?  How can I replace the love for a person with a dog?  Seriously, can there be something wrong with me? LOL

I've never felt a connection with a dog (or even a human) than I do with Ralphie.  I've never met a human so loyal, so loving, so caring, so connected to me.  I know he loves me so much by his actions.  He's by my side whenever he can be, 24/7.  He knows when I'm sad and shows his empathy by being right there for me.  Ralphie has been my healer of a broken heart after losing faith in humans.  He's my motivator.  He keeps me healthy both physically and mentally.  In return I try to give him all the love I have.  My world is pretty much centered around my dogs.  Strange?  Maybe to non-loving dog people.  Maybe to someone who never had a pet/human connection before.  Whether it's strange or not, I'm here to declare my love for my dogs.

I know you can't replace a human's love with a dog's love.  But why can't humans be more like dogs? Humans can be very hurtful, while a dog just shares his love so blissfully.   Truly I wouldn't feel connected to anyone that doesn't love dogs as much as I do.  It would need to be a very special human that can declare his love for their pup as I do.  That person would 'get' me.   Of course I'm not giving up on humans, but I can tell you one thing...that dog-lovin' human that is able steal my heart would need to be very special not only to me but to Ralphie and Ollie as well.  I always say, "humans can learn so much from a dog."

No comments:

Post a Comment