Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving from Ralphie!

Today is Thanksgiving Day, but not the typical Thanksgiving Day.  No big turkey dinner here.  Well at least for today.  My daughter had to work all day and evening...the life of a nurse!  So we postponed our Thanksgiving turkey feast until Saturday.  But that doesn't say we had a boring day.

Today's Thanksgiving dinner was grilled italian sausage with peppers and onions, spicy fries, salad and pumpkin pie for dessert with my son, Ralphie, and Ollie.  Then we went hiking on the nature trail at Starkey Wilderness Park.  It was quite wet from the rains we had a few days ago, but that didn't hold us back to a couple of hours in Mother Nature.  Ralphie LOVED it!  It was the first time I let his leash loose to run free.  I was so impressed.  He stayed right by us and when he would wander off too far, he came back to us when we called.  He had a BLAST!  He ran and explored like a Vizsla does.  By golly, I think I have the best hiking partner anyone can ask for ... now I just need to get some good hiking boots to be able to dredge through the elements!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Sniff, sniff...what do I smell?

Enjoying his freedom!

Me and my BIG boy!


Ralphie...my BEST friend!

Oh, we had such a beautiful day!

Love this picture!

My handsome boy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment