Saturday, February 22, 2014

Vizsla One-on-One Time

It was a quiet morning at the dog park ... just me and Ralphie.  What enjoyment we had being alone together in a big open area ... just me and my boy.  Don't get me wrong Ralphie truly enjoys all of his dog park friends, but this morning we enjoyed each other.  We played fetch with the ball as we always do ... but it was different this morning ... Ralphie seemed to want to perfect his catch.  He'd run after that ball and challenged himself to catch it on one bounce.  I was throwing high balls where he would need to leap and jump high off the ground to catch the ball.  I know he was proud of himself as he would come running back to me with ball in mouth with the expression, "look what I just did!".  And of course, he got his congratulations pat on the head, "good Ralphie good" from me.  After our game of fetch the ball,  Ralphie climbed the rocks as if he were the king of the world.  After rock climbing,  Ralphie and I were able to roam the whole park unleashed, exploring areas he's never been.  I can see the look of freedom on his cute mug saying, "I'm lovin' this seek and smell time!".

It was truly a great one-on-one time with my 4-legged best friend this morning!  LOVE.







No comments:

Post a Comment