Sunday, February 9, 2014

The Frisbee Vizsla

I've always wanted a Frisbee dog.  I think there's just a special bond between owner and dog in a good game of Frisbee.  Perhaps it's that slow floating disc in the sky and watching your pup run, looking up at the Frisbee, jumping off the ground, to see him catch the round disc.  It's that look a dog gives his owner as to say proudly, "I did it!" Ohhh, to have a Frisbee dog!

Just recently the past few days Ralphie and I have been playing around with the Frisbee at the dog park.  I'm not the best Frisbee thrower with my weak arm from my pulled rotator cuff.  And Ralphie had a hard time catching it and was more interested in chewing the disc and playing keep away.   It's been a challenge for the both of us.

Today was a different ... my arm seemed a little stronger and I was able to somewhat throw it decently and Ralphie was right on.  We played and played, catch after catch.  He played hard and loved it!  He was so proud after each catch and I was even more proud to see him jump in air and land each Frisbee flight!

By golly... I have a Frisbee dog that I've always dreamed of!  I'm one lucky girl!

Run Ralphie Run!!
"I got it! I got it."
Woohoo...it's a catch!
Jump, Jump ... "It's another catch!"
All tired out!



No comments:

Post a Comment