Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Stay-At-Home Day

It's 9:30pm and I'm finally able to sit and relax after work.  Today was a stay-at-home day for Ralphie while I was working.  He builds up all this energy throughout the day...no dog park play today.  When I walk in the door, he's somewhat calm before the storm.  As I'm changing out of my work clothes into my comfy clothes, the storm starts brewing...Ralphie begins his whiny bark, pawing Ollie, Ollie is hiding under the bed barking at Ralphie.  The craziness begins!  I take both Ralphie and Ollie on a short walk around the block to go potty.  During this walk Ralphie is yanking me, chasing the lizards, squirrels, and birds.  Ollie is barking at all the neighbors and other dogs.  Ralphie pounces on Ollie thinking he wants to play.  Ollie gets mad.  Their leashes get twisted.  More pulling and more pulling.  I finally make it around the block, both did their business.  We're home. Then I try to make dinner.  I put my artichoke on and figure it'll take awhile to cook.  So I take Ralphie back out for another walk.  This time we walk around two blocks.  We get home again, Ollie is hiding and I give Ralphie a big bone to get busy with while I finish dinner and eat.  I have a nice quiet dinner and then right after dinner Ralphie wants another walk.  This time we do a 3 mile walk/run....and he runs fast, very difficult to keep up with.  Finally we get home again.  Ralphie slurps up a bowl of water, grabs his bone, starts chewing and I clean up dinner dishes and then get to relax.  Ralphie stay-at-home days are rough and tiring.  These days make me even more thankful for Erica to watch him on her days off and take him to the dog park.

Tomorrow is DOG PARK DAY at Erica's!  Yay, I'll have a tired, good puppy when I pick him up after work!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment