Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Running Update

Ralphie and I continue to be running partners.  It's been very slow progress, but that's understandable, after all he is still a puppy...a little over 9 months old now.  We are doing run/walk intervals...some days it's more walk and others more run.  There are always potty breaks and sniffing breaks during our short runs, so obviously that slows it down.  But I confess many times I appreciate those breaks.  At the beginning of our run, he's way too fast for me and I'm shouting, "slow down, slow down Ralphie!"  Pulling and more pulling. As our run progresses, Ralphie's pace becomes slower and more even. Then the run becomes more enjoyable.

Today we did an evening run/walk when it was cooler outside ...  a 2 mile run, pace 13:01min/mi.  Not too bad for two potty breaks and quite a few distractions. 

I can see me and Ralphie running a few 5K races in the future.  But for now we need to work on ignoring distractions and stop pulling.  But most of all ... simply enjoy our time together out on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment