Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Our Run

I'm finally starting back to running on and off after my bout with plantar faciitis.  I was up to double-digit runs and then my heel just gave out on me and I've been in pain for more than 6 months...so running was out of the question for more than a half a year! After three cortisone shots in the heel, I think I'm ready to start up again.

Right now Ralphie is 7 months old and I feel he shouldn't be running any distances until maybe 12-18 months old.  However, I've read that short jaunts of running paired up with walking and shorter distances should be fine for a younger Vizsla.

Ralphie and I went on a short run/walk/sniffing this evening.  We ran 1.75 miles in 25 minutes.  Of course there were a couple of potty breaks, sniffing delays, etc.  But we also had some good running intervals.  I'm planning to run with Ralphie a couple of times a week (slowly but surely) and a couple of times alone to bring me back to where I left off 6 months ago...well maybe I won't run the long distances but I will keep running!  Gosh, I don't want to go through plantar faciitis again...that's for sure!

I'm so looking forward to having Ralphie as my running partner and maybe a race or two together!  I just LOVE my little guy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment