Thursday, February 14, 2019

Goodbye Sweet Lucy

My heart is broken my little girl Lucy passed away at home with me by her side last week.  Lucy struggled with health problems over the past 5 months.  She was in and out of the vet office, saw three different doctors and obviously misdiagnosed with vestibular disease.  I always had a feeling it was more than that.

The past 5 months I would hold Lucy in my lap like a baby and cuddle her each evening while watching TV.  Thursday, February 7th was not any different.  I walked Lucy around 6pm, after her walk I tried to feed her and she wouldn't eat.  So I gave her a peanut butter sandwich along with her pills and she gobbled it down.  I was happy to see her eat.  Then she jumped on my lap as usual and I held her, running my hand up and down her back, played with her ears, and just snuggled.  She began  panting, which scared me.  I continued to hold he and thought maybe she needed to go potty outside.  She went outside and did her business.  I brought her back in and she jumped on the opposite sofa from me.  She sat there for a couple of minutes and suddenly jumped off that couch and ran to the hallway.  I think she was trying to get to her crate, but didn't make it.  She collapsed in the hallway.  I was freaking out and called my daughter.  I thought she was having a seizure.  I was petting her, trying to move her to get her out of the "seizure".  But she passed away within a minute.  I'm balling my eyes out to my daughter..."MY LUCY IS DEAD, MY LUCY DIED"!  It was about 9:30pm and had no idea what to do with Lucy.  I draped her favorite blanket over her with one paw not covered.  I had to leave her one paw out in the open just to see her.  My daughter called the wonderful people at Honor Thy Pet in Tampa to make arrangements to have Lucy picked up.  They came around 11:30pm.  Ralphie sat next to me like a statue as they carried her out of the house.  I had Lucy cremated to be with me forever.  She will be on my shelf next to Ollie.

As I write this, I am crying and crying.  I'm having the hardest time with this.  Lucy would have been 4 years old next week on 2/21.  She was way too young to leave so soon.

Ralphie is okay.  I feel he disconnected from Lucy when she became sick.  But each morning he peeks in the room where Lucy's crate was.  He seems to be more giving me extra attention and always by my side.  I'm sure he senses my sadness.   Love.





Goodbye My Sweet Lucy.


2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for Lucy! I know how you feel because recently I loss also my fur baby for 6 years and I didn't expect that she will loss so fast. After her pet cremation houston tx my life started to change. And until now I don't know how to start again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is no secret that I have a very deep and personal relationship with God. I have pushed and resisted that relationship this past year through all the bullshit I have had to go through living with Herpes but once again, God is bigger than my stubbornness and broke through that outbreak cold sore and all I had Genital Herpes. For me personally, hearing over and over how I am not good enough has really invaded my mind in the worst way possible. I completely shut down and I was just waking up like is this how life going to end this temporary herpes outbreak “fuck everybody with herpes if you know what I mean” but let's be honest here...
    It is a cowardly to say no to herbal medicine. It is fear based. And it is dishonest to what my heart wants. Don't build a wall around yourself because you are afraid of herbals made or taking a bold step especially when it's come to health issues and getting cure. So many young men/ women tell me over and over that Dr Itua is going to scam me but I give him a try to today I feel like no one will ever convince me about herbal medicine I accept Dr Itua herbal medicine because it's cure my herpes just two weeks of drinking it and i have been living for a year and months now I experience outbreak no more, You can contact him if you need his herbal medicine for any such diseases like, Herpes, Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob,,Lyme Disease,Epilepsy, ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Genetic disease,Fibrodysplasia disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Men/Woman infertility, bowel disease ,Huntington's disease ,Diabetes,Fibroid. disease,Lupus,Lipoid Storage diseases( Gauchers disease),Polycystic Disease.,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Cirrhosis of Liver,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic,HIV, Epilepsy, Infertility, Love Spell,. Email..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com then what's app.+2348149277967.... My advice to any sick men/women out there is simple... Be Always an open book. Be gut wrenching honest about yourself, your situation, and what you are all about. Don't hold anything back. Holding back will get you nowhere...maybe a one way ticket to lonelyville and that is NOT somewhere you want to be. So my final truth...and I'm just starting to grasp this one..    

    ReplyDelete