Saturday, October 20, 2018

Vizlsa - Vestibular Disease - Week 6

Today is the last day of week 6 of Lucy's vestibular disease, or is it really vestibular disease??  I'm not so sure anymore...perhaps a stroke??

I didn't see much change in Lucy this week.  Still with the tilted head and bewildered.  She's still leaking, more so at night.  Lucy was diagnosed with a UTI and more meds were given to her.  She's on Cefpodoxime Proxetil 200mg, one pill a day.  It seems like giving the pills smothered in peanut butter is the easiest way.  I've been giving her Dramamine on her real dizzy days.  Her energy level is low, probably from all the meds.  She's eating good and still drinking a lot of water, but I'm limiting the amount.  I bought some doggie diapers in hopes to save time on laundry.  I just use them at night, but they're not working.  Even though I add an additional pad to the diaper, she is soaking through them and leaking from the side of the diaper.  It's a real struggle.


Bewildered...hiding in the closet.

My poor baby girl. 😢😢😢

Sporting her doggie diapers.




No comments:

Post a Comment