Friday, November 27, 2015

Thankful Thanksgiving 2015

Decisions, decisions.  Should I bring Ralphie and Lucy to my daughter's house for our Thanksgiving celebration?  Lucy and my daughter's pug, Bubba simply don't along.  Our last visit was a disaster with such nastiness between the two of them.

So to start my Thanksgiving day I walked Ralphie and Lucy bright and early around 5AM.  Then around 8:30am I took them to the dog park and surprisingly there were quite a few dogs there enjoying their Thanksgiving morning.  My decision was pretty much made that I was going to leave them home when I go to my daughter's house.  But my decision kept gnawing at my brain...I just hate to leave them home alone on the holiday, after all Ralphie and Lucy are my 4-legged fur babies.  So I text my daughter, "should I bring the dogs or will it be too much commotion?"  She called me to say, yes bring them over.  Lucy and Bubba need to eventually get along.  So I did.

There was one big snarl between Lucy and Bubba, but nothing to worry about.  After that snarl they became friends.  They ran and ran, chasing each other in the big back yard.  They both jumped in the pool and swam together.  By golly, they were actually getting along and having fun with each other.  It was a good day.  How thankful I was to see their friendship develop.  I was wondering, is it because now Lucy is spayed which maybe settled her down a little or maybe it's Lucy growing up or is it they know they simply better get along after all they are cousins!

I am so blessed to have a wonderful family full of love, humor, support, and togetherness.

Lucy and Bubba
Pool fun - Lucy and Bubba - the 2 water bugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment