Sunday, November 15, 2015

BIG Dog vs small Dog



Last weekend I had dinner with a friend who I haven't seen in over five years.  He knew me before Ralphie when I only had Ollie, my small Yorkie.  Of course the dog topic of conversation came up.  I was telling him about my awesome Vizslas.  Him not being familiar with this breed, he asked in bewilderment, "but WHY a big dog?"  I almost felt a disapproval from him, after all he has a small furry pup.  I didn't feel I should get up on my pedestal and start preaching the advantages of big dogs over small dogs.  I kept my answer very basic because I didn't want him to feel offended why big dogs rule small dogs.   I pretty much that I always had big dogs.  Actually Ollie was my daughter's dog that I adopted from her.  I summed it up and said they're great protection, and I left it to that.

So really why are BIG dogs better than small dogs?
  • Yes, they look intimidating but really they are lovers.  Ralphie and Lucy are my protectors.
  • Oh my, they do get a lot of attention from people all the time.  They're quite majestic.  My pups turns heads and great conversation-starters.   
  • They have a big heart with a lot of love in it.
  • Yes, yes they are lap dogs ... so they think they are.  Quite comical to have a 70 pound pup on my lap, but I love every minute of it.
  • They get me motivated to exercise, not just a small walk around the block, they push me to do more...3 - 5 miles easily. 
  • Most of all, I love hugging them, getting a big grip around their neck with their head resting on my shoulder, oh so priceless. 
Here's a great video I saw on youtube that sums it up...




No comments:

Post a Comment