Sunday, September 13, 2015

One Day At A Time

These days have been quite hectic with my two fur-babies.  Sometimes I think, "what did I get myself into."  Pretty much all my free time is dedicated to Ralphie and Lucy.  I can't remember the last time I've been on my bike or really did just for myself.  My days are planned around my pooches.

Recently I decided to cancel my October visit to my hometown for a couple of reasons, one including the pups.  Right now I don't think Ralphie is ready for me to leave for any length of time.  There's been dramatic changes in his life with Ollie passing and a new maniac puppy added to our home.  It also wouldn't be fair to ask anyone to care for Lucy at this stage in her life.  She's a handful right now.  I'll rethink my visit next year.

All my free time has been dedicated to dog walks, searching new dog food options, dog toy/bone shopping, picking up poo, washing pups, vet visits, and dog parks.  I know Lucy is quite feisty right now.   I'll get through this puppy stage as I did with Ralphie.  I do get a kick out of her playfulness, how she antagonizes Ralphie, and love her cuteness.   Lucy is in her "teenage" naughty years...testing me, testing Ralphie, and after all that she smooches me and Ralphie just to assure us all is good.  My big boy and little girl do give me so much joy.  I count my blessings each day I have these two who love me so much.

It's only going to take one day at a time.




No comments:

Post a Comment