Saturday, July 11, 2015

Rescue Search

It's been about 3 weeks since Ollie left me and Ralphie.  Maybe I'm over-analyzing Ralphie's behavior, as I've been told but it just seems like Ralphie is so sad now when I leave for work.  Maybe I never noticed before when Ollie and Ralphie were together.  They kept each other company.

Yesterday when I put Ralphie's breakfast down, he just sat at a distance and stared at it.  Is he depressed or is he just not ready to eat or too tired?  After I added a dollop of peanut butter to it, he gobbled it all up.  He's also very stand-offish at the dog park.  He hardly plays with the other dogs.  Is he depressed or is he hot?  When I'm sitting outside talking on the phone, sometimes he just sits in front of me and stares, not hunting lizards.  Is he depressed or does he just want to play and wants attention?  These are things that he's never done until Ollie passed.

Is a playmate the answer to my questions?   I've decided to begin a search for a rescue.   I was thinking small.   I have no idea what small breed would click with Ralphie.  I've had many suggestions...Boston Terrier, Chinese-Crested, Rat Terrier, so many breeds!  But none appeal to me right now.  I'm thinking if all the stars line up ... I would love a small, female, younger Vizsla!  I don't want a puppy, prefer a house-broken pooch.   What I know for sure,  I'm not going to jump into another dog, it's got to be the perfect playmate for my Ralphie.

No comments:

Post a Comment