Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Dogs Are Better Than People


I'm convinced I like dogs better than people.  Sounds strange, huh?  At first I thought so.  Am I weird, abnormal, strange to have this feeling?  So I googled this topic.  There are tons of people who feel the same way.  There are many articles and forums declaring their love for their pet.  I've talked to numerous dog-loving friends and acquaintances about this topic and they all think the world of their pet giving them the best life ever, which they completely deserve.   Pet owners know they are getting that unconditional love that no human can give.

This past week  was a tough one for me. I experienced such sadness when Ollie left me and I got the most comfort and sympathy from Ralphie.  Sure people said they were sorry to hear the news but life goes on.  Ralphie was there for every tear I shed.  He was my true support.  Besides going through Ollie's passing, I also experienced a couple of human disappointments last week.   I was betrayed by an uncaring human that didn't care about my feelings...a behavior you'll never see in a pet.  Again Ralphie was by my side during this sadness.  He simply makes me happy.  He knows when I'm happy and when I'm sad.  It's amazing how he knows how to act and react to my feelings.

Last week is over and I know I'll never have another day with my Ollie but I have wonderful memories that will make me smile the rest of my life.   I know the people who betrayed me are a part of my past now, life goes on.  The positive side of last week is having Ralphie as my moral support.

Yep...it's a sure thing...Ralphie is better than people!


No comments:

Post a Comment