Saturday, May 30, 2015

Saturday Morning with Ralphie, My Vizsla

I work very hard during the week.  Monday through Friday begins at 5AM each day for me.  I wake up extra early to get a workout in, do a little clean-up around the house, care for Ralphie and Ollie, and getting ready for work to leave the house at 7:30AM to get to work on time.  Yay, then comes the weekend...no alarms, getting to sleep in...NOT!

Around 5:30AM Ralphie (who sleeps in my bed), jumps up, then I feel a paw.  That's right, Ralphie plops his paw on my head, my back, then comes the wet big nose...poking at my face.  Then comes the long wet tongue...paw, poke, lick, paw, poke, lick.  He then shifts his 70 pound body towards my side of the bed, on my pillow, scooting me out of bed!!  This happens every Saturday and every Sunday!   Do I get mad...well I groan a little, but how can I get angry.  Ralphie actually motivates me to get my day started nice and early to get to see the sunrise.

I get up, put on the coffee, take Ralphie and Ollie outside in the dark to do there thing.  I let them in, prepare their breakfast, they gobble it up.  Then Ralphie jumps on the sofa, curls in a ball like a little cinnamon roll and starts snoring away.  I am up and awake!!  Aha...no way is my boy going snooze away after getting me up at 5:30AM on Saturday morning.  "Ralphie, up, up, let's go for a walk."  Yep, it's time for our morning walk.  Truly Ralphie doesn't mind, he wouldn't pass up a walk for anything.

Our walk is at a medium pace, a lot of stops for sniffing, doing his business and picking up cans for Richard at the dog park, who collects cans for extra income.  I can say Saturday mornings are most enjoyable, cool, quiet, peaceful.   I feel so blessed to have Ralphie in my life to enjoy our mornings...it would so not be the same without him.  LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment