Saturday, October 18, 2014

Vizsla Skin Allergy Obsession

Poor Ralphie is still suffering with skin allergies.  I wrote in my October 5th blog of all the things I'm doing to help his allergies.  Nothing is working.  I caved in and started him on the antibiotics today.  I really didn't want to put him on them but now I feel I have no choice.

I looked back in my blog from last year, and at this time his allergies were cleared up.  When he saw the vet last year in September he was having hair loss problems.  My Oct. 23, 2013 blog stated his hair grew back and he was looking great.  So I didn't give him the antibiotics at that time.  Our summer this year seemed extended, we've been having hot days just up until a few days ago.  Possibly that's why Ralphie still has hair loss and bumps.  Last year it cooled down sooner.

I'm honestly becoming obsessed with this problem.  That's all I talk about, I'm googling away every day for "thee answer".  I've read numerous blogs and forums.  It seems like it's different for every V.  Some say its food, some say its bugs, some say its environment, some say its grass or weeds, some say its laundry detergent, it goes on and on.  Very mind-boggling and frustrating.  For Ralphie, I think its our Florida bugs and maybe grass.  He seems to flair up a little more after the dog park.  Last year I didn't change his food and his skin did clear up by the end of October.  Truly this is making me insane!  Luckily Ralphie doesn't seem like he's in any discomfort...he's not chewing, scratching or itching.  It just looks really bad and it's not normal!  I need to get my boy all shiny and red again!  Love him!


No comments:

Post a Comment