Monday, September 15, 2014

Vizsla Swimming, Running, Hiking

The summer is winding down although here in Florida the warm weather is here for most of the year.  Even though Florida has the warm tropical weather, you can still feel the weather changing.  With that said, I thought of one thing Ralphie and I didn't do this summer ... is spending a whole day at the beach.  We went to the beaches for a short leash walks many times this year, but we didn't have a full beach day.  I really wanted to go to Ft. Desoto beach in St. Petersburg where they have a free run dog beach.  Maybe writing this will motivate me to take a ride out there with Ralphie before the chill rolls in.

Another thing that I didn't do this year yet is to run in a race that allows dogs.  How fun would that be running through the finish line with my boy!  I just can't find a race in the area that permits dogs.  :(

As fall approaches I really would like to go on a few short hikes with Ralphie.  A new experience.  How I would love to find a hiking area to see the colorful fall leaves.  A few years back I hiked in the Highlands, NC ... it was simply awesome, something I would like to do again, but this time with Ralphie.  I have a week off at the beginning of November, maybe just maybe we'll head out there and do some hiking.    All I can remember are the beautiful breathtaking colors and the gorgeous mountains ... so, so different from Florida.




No comments:

Post a Comment