Thursday, June 5, 2014

"What Kind of Dog Is That"

If you're a Vizsla owner I'm sure you've heard many, many, many times ... "What kind of dog is that?"  Sometimes it's quite comical and quite amusing.

I've been asked, "what kind of mix is your dog?"   "Oh, Ralphie is a Vizsla."  "A what??"
"A veee-shla."
I've been asked if Ralphie is a Pit Bull before!  Yes, a Pit Bull!!!  Sir, let me google for you, Pit Bull.   Hahaha
Or the know-it-all person..."is that a lab mix?" "No, Ralphie is a Vizsla." Then I see a puzzled look on his face with a big question mark.  Then he says, "oh, he's tall for a viz-la".  Oh really sir, it's vee-shla.  Hahaha
My neighbor really makes me laugh...every time we pass him and his Chows on our walk, he says, "hey, hound dog, how ya doin' today."  At the beginning I never mentioned Ralphie is not a hound dog, but one day I had to tell him, "Oh, Ralphie is a Vizsla, not a hound dog."  He totally ignored me.  To this day, he still calls Ralphie a hound dog!  Arrgh!!
I'm asked, "Isn't your dog supposed to be a gray color, why is he brown?"  "Oh, Ralphie isn't a Weimaraner, which are silver gray. Ralphie is a Vizsla and he's red."  His response, "Wow, I never heard of that kind of dog."

I really do love all the attention Ralphie gets.  I enjoy educating people of this awesome breed. Ralphie receives many kind comments..."he's beautiful, love his shiny coat, such a good-natured dog, love his eyes, he's so different, handsome boy, love his soft-silky ears..."  Many of the comments make me laugh.  But most of all, I'm proud to have such a unique, handsome boy by my side...my Ralphie.





2 comments:

  1. Terri…I just recently found your blog and have really enjoyed reading it over the past few weeks. As a Vizsla owner myself, your post cracked me up as no one ever knows what she is, even after I tell them. To add to it, I also have a Weimaraner and a white and lemon German Shorthaired Pointer. No one ever knows what they are. My favorite comment was when someone asked me if my GSP was the puppy of my Weim and Vizsla. Honest mistake, but made me laugh for sure. I agree though, I always love educating people and familiarizing them with this amazing breed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrissie! I'm so happy to hear you're enjoying my blog. Can you tell I'm obsessed with my boy...haha. I love Weimaraners and GSPs. A few friends of mine have both. I have a great picture of Ralphie with his Weim and GSP friends which we call Three Shades of Crazy. LOL ...and that they are. :)

    ReplyDelete