Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Let's Try This Again ... Running Vizsla


How can I be such a slacker and full of excuses?! That's right I haven't been running.  It's amazing how an injury can side-track a person.  After the 8-month plantar faciitis episode, it's the rotator cuff issue, which I blame my running partner on...Ralphie.   Just recently I went in for my second cortisone shot.  I still have a shoulder problem.  But again, excuses, excuses.

Today my running partner, Ralphie got me up and running.  I decided to skip the dog park after work and go on a run with Ralphie...well it was more of a walk/run.  I'm quite out of the running groove.  Haven't been running, but still walking.  Today we ran 2 1/2 miles at a very slow pace averaging 12 minute mile.  Yes, I know it's slow but I have more excuses for that ... sniffing delays, potty delays, squirrel chasing, lizard pulling.  But overall, Ralphie is a good running partner, truly the slower pace is mostly my fault, which is ... out of shape!  Hahaha

But I can say one thing ... at least we took the first step AGAIN and got out there and ran!  And yes, it DID feel good!!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your come back ! and those delays, sniffing delays, potty delays, squirrel chasing, lizard pulling, BEST dang excuses EVER !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Hahahaha...you are so right!! That's why Ralphie is my running partner...I need someone to blame for my sub-par running time.

    ReplyDelete