Friday, August 23, 2013

Naughty Boy!

Ralphie stays home with Ollie a couple days a week while I'm at work.  The other days he goes to Erica's place for the day and she takes him to the dog park.

At the beginning as a small puppy I crate-trained him.  Ralphie did very well with the crate.  Then I thought I'd take the next step and leave the crate open but close the kitchen door so he doesn't have run of the house.  He did okay at the beginning but as he was getting bigger he started jumping up on the sink, then onto the breakfast bar and then leaps onto the sofa in the living room.  I knew I couldn't continue to let him loose in the kitchen with the door closed because of this danger of jumping.  I can just see him breaking a leg.  Then I thought I would give it a whirl at let him have the run of the house.  He does pretty well most of the time, no major damage.  I always leave a test for him before leaving the house in the morning.  I'll leave out a pair of old shoes to see if he would chew them...he passed.  I'll leave a magazine or napkin on my coffee table...sometimes he passes and sometimes...well today...see for yourself... LOL

Naughty Boy!



No comments:

Post a Comment