Saturday, August 10, 2013

My Fall

Ralphie is getting big and strong.  He's about 56 pounds and a strong powerhouse one-year old dog now.  Shame on me for not taking precautions of his great strength.

Ralphie was home all day yesterday while I was at work.  It was obvious he was restless by the shredded paper napkin left on the coffee table and shredded plant leaves that I found when I got home.  After the rain, I took Ralphie and Ollie out for their walk to do their business.  I was lazy and didn't put on Ralphie's Lupine harness (which I LOVE and works!!).  So I hooked him and Ollie up to their collars to take our walk.  Well, Ralphie pulled sharply and I slipped on my neighbor's wet driveway and fell.  I got a rush of dizziness and nauseousness. I felt sick to my stomach probably from the excruciating pain in my shoulder.  We turned around to go home ... I just wanted to lay on the sofa to overcome this sick feeling.

I'm not the type to run to the doctor or ER right away.  I have to scope out the injury myself through word of mouth and Google.  Erica recommended to ice it and take 3 or 4 ibuprofen, which I did.  I didn't go to the ER...well at least not yet.  This morning I wake up ... can barely move my shoulder, can't lift my arm...but no bruises, no bones sticking out, no swelling.  I'm thinking it may be a bad sprain or dislocated shoulder.  More than likely I will be visiting the ER today or tomorrow if I don't see any improvement.

LESSON LEARNED ... Know I have a strong, powerful dog now; he's not like Ollie, an 8 pound Yorkie...don't be lazy and take the time to put on his Lupine harness to stop his pulling, continue to train him to walk like a show dog.


No comments:

Post a Comment