Sunday, August 26, 2012

What Other People Think

So I made my decision...I'm going to get a Vizsla puppy!! This was definitely not an overnight decision.  I've been thinking about a Vizsla for at least a couple of years.  The two people in my life who know me best, Erica my daughter and Rusty my son fully support me with this decision encouraging me to go after what my heart desires.  How wonderful to have such a great support system!!  Erica even volunteered to watch Ralphie on her days off while I'm at work during the day!! 

Unfortunately, the reaction from the acquaintances in my life have been quite different.  I've heard "are you shhhhurrr you want to have a puppy" or "puppies are soooo much work" or "why don't you adopt a dog from the shelter instead" or "puppies take soooo much of your time and these comments go on and on.  Even men who I briefly dated, I would casually bring up I was considering another dog.  One said to me, "you don't want to do that" and the other sort of just snarled, turned up his nose which I read "ick" from his expression.  Are they worried about my dogs taking time away from them or are they worried about the dog hair in their fancy Mercedes or Lexus!  LOL These people do not know ME.

My thoughts...I did consider adopting a sheltered dog, but I want a full bred young Vizsla and the shelter had no Vizslas.  I know puppies are a lot of work and take a lot of time because I've had puppies in my past. But I also know puppies bring innocent joy to your life.  OH, and I know I would not consider any gentleman friend in my life who is not a dog lover as I am. LOL

My kids and I always talk about going after our dreams... to go after what will make you happy.  And that's exactly what I am doing.  I'm waiting for my little Ralphie to be a part of our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment